Musing: From My One True Love!


Darling!

From the first time I could recognize you as me, I loved you. I was amazed at the creative Genius that put you together so perfectly. One thing I have never been able to get over about you are your dimples, though one of them is not as deep as before.

I have watched you metamorphose from a baby to a toddler, through teenage and now as a young adult and I must confess, I doff my hat for you. You have heard many people say lots of sweet things about you but from me that really really really knows you, to you, you're one amazing survivor! I've seen you hit the lows. I've seen you cry from your heart. I've seen you desire tears without them coming. I've seen you go through dark tunnels. Yet, you emerged on the other side. Sometimes, I wish I could separate from you and await you at the other end, but it always remains a wish. 

Come, tell me this, why do you contain your excitement so much? A good number of times, I've expected to see you bubble over at some exciting things that have happened to you. I've seen you go out of your way to help others. I've seen you drop, literally, your last, for another. At such times, I ask "what are you thinking???!!!" I believe the appropriate question should be, "are you thinking???"


However, when I consider the joy it brings you to put a smile on someone else's face, my heart melts for you all over again. I don't tell you enough, infact, I rarely tell you, but I love you girl! I would choose you over and over and over again. I admire your strength and your tenacity. I love the way you love so deeply, even when it stops making sense. You're one beautiful woman, I must add. Knowing this and still carrying yourself without any airs? Babe, I want to hug you over and over again. I love the fact you don't try to prove anything to anyone. I love your simplicity and respectfulness. Sometimes, when you kneel to greet some people, I'm slightly embarrassed, but, what can I do? That's you and I wouldn't even want to change that.

The man smart enough to see and share your sweet heart is indeed favoured. I will accommodate him though, once he has you, he has me. On this one day set aside for the celebration of love, I celebrate you. I salute your resilience. I admire your courage in the face of serious heat. I trip for your smiles! Knowing you has been an absolute pleasure. I look forward to us climbing the next rung of the ladder together. I look forward to us fulfilling our dreams. Don't stop being the sweet you. The only thing you're permitted to be, is better.

Loving you babe, over and over and over and titi lai lai! Muah!!!

Your truest love.

Comments

Popular Posts