It's a Fresh Page

Dateline: May 29, 2015

This is a long awaited day in the history of Nigeria. The people spoke through their thumbs and their voices mattered, a plus for democracy! One government with all its inconveniences winds down, another comes on board. Is this the breathe of fresh air the people have been expecting?


Expectations are really high. Mr President (in some hours), Muhammadu Buhari, has his work cut out for him. If I had just one request to ask of him, it will be electricity. Please, fix the power sector.

As we eagerly look forward to the events at the Eagle Square later today, I implore fellow Nigerians, let's come together to see to the success of this government. We have seen what our collective voice can achieve, let's consolidate on the effort. I'll do my part, PLEASE do yours. If you don't, you have no right to complain about the state of things, because you're one of the problems.



The Buhari/Osinbajo team is one I believe is prepared for this time. There won't be wand waving and magical conjuring, no, but there will be the systematic and gradual cleansing of rot - let's be patient. These are men just like us. And, don't forget to also pray for them. We will hold them, and ourselves, accountable. 



Nigeria is rising again! I believe that with my entire being. 

God bless Nigeria. God bless Nigerians. 

Comments

Popular Posts