Musing; Bounce!

The times, the seasons, the ups and downs, they characterise life. These are the reminders, per second, of our mortality. Always something to cheer about, something to laugh over, something that hits us like a sack of bricks, something to cry about . . .



None of us is immune to pain. We all like the happy seasons. I'll say, cherish those happy times and save the memory for forever. And the times when you feel like a tonne of bricks has been shoved against your gut, please, pick up those bricks and build a beautiful castle. Don't let your pain define you. Don't let anybody, NO HUMAN BEING, define your happiness. you should never give anyone that much control over you, it isn't worth it.

I almost let pain define me. I almost gave it all up for the opinion of man. I almost submerged my 
existence in another's. I almost gave up on my dreams. I was close, very close to disappearing into nothingness. But on that verge, I hit a wall, a wall that reset me and set me back on track. I hit it so hard I didn't fall, rather, I turned. And as I walked the path again, I picked up every dream, every aspiration, every goal, every target that I had dropped. And I'm still picking! Oh, please, you can't afford for your life to just pass away like a discarded toilet paper. You can do it! You can rise again. You can smile again. You can just who you were created to be!


"He'll pick you up
He'll hold your hand
He'll ease your pain
So you can smile again"
- Kirk Franklin (Smile again).

Images: Google

Comments

Popular Posts