365 Awesome Days

From the time I could tell when my birthday is, the number 28 has always stood out for me among numerals. I just love 28. i have caught myself smiling, many a time, just seeing or hearing that number. Little wonder I'm so in love with the number. Afterall, an Inestimable Bundle of Awesome Wowness was gifted to the world on the 28th of January! Did you say I love myself? Of course! There's just one of me to love!


Today, songs of gratitude and deep thanksgiving rise from my heart to God. Today, I'm just so happy, and I can't explain (I really I'm cool with it like that). Today, I look back, at the past 365 days and I can't but thank God that I'm here today.

Today, I own my story. 
Today, I break my prison door. 
Today, I cast off the shackles. 
Today, I sing at the top of my lungs. 
Today, I liberate myself from the shadows of the past.
Today, I walk into the fullness of who I was made to be. 
Today, I declare my survival.
Today, I say NO. No to intimate partner violence, no to waste of precious lives.


"Grateful, so grateful for all that You have done

I am so grateful for all You have done

Jehovah You have been so good to me
Your favour and Your love lifted me on high
Jehovah You have been so good
And I cannot tell it all
With my whole heart, I give to You all praise

I give to You all praise
Oh Lord, I give You praise"

This is my song, this is the summary of the last one year. I'm so so so grateful. Grateful for life and a sound mind. Grateful for Divine unquantifiable love. Grateful for the many could-haves and should-haves that God spared me from knowing the details. Grateful for another shot at life. Grateful for fulfillment and a whole lot more!

Every year, there is a group of people I know, that we share this awesome day together. I'm grateful that we're all alive to mark today again. I celebrate you, Adefunmike Dele-Famuyiwa, Paul Oluwunmi, Bukunmi Olaniyonu (new daddy) and Oyebola Famuyiwa (great camera artist!). This time next year, we will celebrate again, in increased states, in multiples and exceeding joy, amen. You rock guys! Happy birthday to us!

Join in the celebration wherever you are. Thank God on our behalf, then, eat and drink, for us (wink).

Comments

  1. Am sipping a nice drink to your health here in California, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts