Have Yourself A Very Merry Christmas!

Christmas means many things to everyone.


For some, it's that time of the year when members of the family gather to thank God, share meals, exchange gifts and generally have fun. For some, it's the time they take their annual holidays to experience the celebration in other climes and traditions. For others, it's a return to their roots, trips back to the village, for that countryside feel of this period of the year. The possibilities are as diverse as we are.


For some others, Christmas is not a happy, festive or exciting time. They lost someone dear around this period, they suffered a loss of some very important material possession, and for others, they experienced a heartbreak at this period. If you are in this category, my heart goes out to you. Believe me when I say I understand how you feel.

You want to curl up and stay in bed all day. While everyone goes around, cuddling with their loved ones - partners, children - you are alone. The coldness of the season bites on your heart and you drench your pillow in tears. You desire that one special person to share the season with. I have great news for you. 

You don't have to live your life as a prisoner to loss and pain. You don't have to give up, give in and wallow in self pity. You are not less of a human being because of the experience you have gone through, no matter how painful. I picture you cuddled up in the arms of The Father, gently being rocked and smiled on. I see the angels looking at you longingly, enfolded in that divine embrace, waiting on you, ready to attend to your every need. 


Dear special one, your past, or present, circumstance does not define you. You are not that pain. You are not that loss. You are not that societal tag. You are mighty special. It's okay to desire to celebrate in a low key, as long as it isn't a 'sad key'. Dress up, watch a movie, pamper yourself, spread love in spite of your pain, let joy remain in your heart and pour your hurt on the only One who feels what you feel.

I plan to spend the day writing and watching movies. I plan to enjoy myself, quietly. But, I can spend some time with you, if you need someone to talk to. Give me a call and let's be there for each other. 

Have a VERY Merry Christmas! Smile, be glad, this too shall pass.   

Comments

Popular Posts