CONVERSATIONS IN MY HEAD - DIARY FIVE

I had just walked past a newspaper lying around the house. I felt my sleeve tugged at, I knew it was Ara, so I paid a closer attention to the daily. A bold headline on it said the president is not slow, he's working. 
"Is that true?" Ara asked me. I shrugged. In all honesty, I don't know. "What does that mean? It's either you think he's slow or not."
"I really don't know. Though, if I were to rate him, based on the improvement on electricity in my neighbourhood, I would say yes, I see him working."
"And in other sectors?"

"I have big question marks. It's been six full months, there should be some marked developments. But I think the man should be cut some slack. We didn't get to where we are overnight. He does not have a magic wand he would wave overnight either. Methinks the nay sayers or wailers, or what are they called should sit and watch for now. A time will come when they will be sought out for their opinion, if he doesn't perform." I submitted.
"You say that like you have vested hope in him."
"From the outset, I did not put my hope in him. He's man after all. Expecting him to be the cape wearing superhero who will swing in and save the day, is setting myself up for disappointment. I don't put myself in that place anymore."
"Oh, so you expected him to fail?"
"When did I say that?"
"You inferred it."
"I didn't."
"I give up. You're strong headed."
"I hold my ground, that's all. All I was trying to say is that unlike the majority that placed all their hope in him, expecting him to be the deliverer, I didn't. I just wanted the best for the nation. In whatever that package came, I couldn't really care less. They're all recycles anyway." Ara roared in laughter. I raised an eyebrow. He could be very naughty. I didn't see a reason for the laugh. 

I picked up baba's book and located my bookmark.

Comments

Popular Posts