CONVERSATIONS IN MY HEAD - DIARY THREE


"Have you checked out the story your friend told you?" Ara asked right in the middle of an ongoing discourse I was having with a group. He was apparently bored. Or, maybe he was missing me. But that was rude. Was he trying to make me a nut case?
"Oh, stuff it!" I silently chided him.
"That's a more interesting story than what you're ranting on and on about here."
I shook my head in time with what the current speaker in the group was saying. I had to mask the effect Ara was having on me. He was almost succeeding in pulling me away into our place. But I could not succumb to that right now. These bright minds were discussing something important. I actually think the topic brought Ara's topic to fore.


"What story are you referring to exactly? We get to hear many stories everyday."
"That one about the escapee."
"Oh! That! I have."
"What do you think? Is it what he said?"
"Yes, and more. That courageous lady escaped from an iron fist holding her nation by the jugular. Her elder sister had taken flight years before she did, same as many other women. Though not all have the luxury of telling their story. Some are already six feet under, those that aren't are in holds much stronger than they can fight."
"Just sad. Sometimes I wonder if the sun shines over that nation or if their principal has stretched a brass ceiling over them. He's so absolute, it's almost unbelievable."

I sighed. "Whatever have the womenfolk done to the men of this world? Why is there so much aggression against us? While trying to escape a death grip, these women fall right into the hands of other men who are ready to keep them on a leash, naked, and sating their sick appetite. When did it become a crime to be born female?"
"It isn't a crime. You forget women rule the world." I stared at Ara like he had gone out of his mind. Actually, he had. 
"Which world are you talking about?"
"This same one."
"And women rule in your projection of what the world would be like, how many eons from now?"
"There's no world leader who does not have a woman he's extremely fond of in his life. The position she occupies may vary from filial to parental to romantic to platonic. But there's always a woman in his life whose whisper in his ear could overturn policies. He thinks he's the decision maker, but she actually is."

Nodding slowly, I could not agree less with Ara. That is very true.
"So, is it these women that are indirectly whipping other women the world over? Take for instance, the supreme handler of these people in question, is there a woman in his life asking him to keep other women in chains? Is she asking him to gag them? Is she calling for their manicured fingers on a platter?"
"We may not be able to determine that. But what I know for certain is that he has a soft feminine voice that breaks through his rocky exterior."
"Hmn . . . I have not thought of that before."
"But you have." Ara laughed at me.
"So, what's the way out? Do we begin to mark and pick up these reigning women? Do we exterminate them? Can we achieve that?"
"If you get rid of those currently ruling, fiercer ones will take over. I think you should be charting a way forward for those caught in the vicious web of an insatiable libido and an ever ready red painted nail stroking it. The decisions made at those times are powerful. What happens to those that have fled? What happens to those held in bounds?"
"Looks bleak, honestly. Can other nations open their doors to them? Will the fear of the supreme hand not overshadow that gesture? And in the case of this bold young woman, the man that could protect the females in her family sadly yielded to cancer years back. I can't stop picturing a huge hawk searching for her and hers. I only hope the hawk goes blind and crashes into a huge rock so they can breathe, so they can live. So they can spread their own wings and soar. There's so much I believe they have to offer the world. From their point of view, life must have several twists and turns uncommon to others to it."

I looked away. Staring into the distance, my mind racing through a maze of the world map.
"You're thinking of meeting her right?"
"She and several others."
"Don't I know you?!"
I didn't argue. Yes, Ara knows me more than any other.


Comments

Popular Posts