I.S.I AT 52!

The International School, University of Ibadan, is 52 today! Yippee! I'm so proud, very proud indeed, to be an alumnus of this school. 

The school is a co-educational institution established by the University of Ibadan on October 14, 1963. It was the first of its kind in Nigeria and was founded to provide an environment where children both from within and outside Nigeria could live and learn together thereby fostering racial integration, international friendship and unity.

Fun times they were. There are some unforgettable landmarks - Adam and Eve, Uncle T, Oga T, the school bus (king of the road), Iyawo, Mama K, Senior Comm, Junior Comm, Lovers lane, school fountain, school pond (birthday baptistry) . . . Unfortunately, I lost the precious pictures I had sometime ago. That will not stop me from celebrating my Alma Mater today. 


Thank you Mrs E.A Smith (popularly referred to as Aunty Tola), Mrs Inanga, Uncle Willie, Mr Akintunde, Miss Teboh, Omidan, Alagba Ijadimilewa, Mrs Ajeleti, Rev Okunola, Mr Ogunbanjo, the list goes on. To these and all the other awesome staff and non staff of ISI, thank you for contributing your quota. I proudly wore my stripped blue and white gown.

Cheers to better years ahead!





Comments

Popular Posts