~ Book Of The Week ~ GIFT OF GRACE; A SIBLING BOND by Tolu Falode


Oloruntoba Oluwadamilola Falode, was a 19 year old Nigerian student based in Dubai when his tragic death occurred. His sister, Tolu Falode has written a book,“Gift of Grace: A Sibling Bond” to immortalize him and to mark his posthumous 21st birthday.

In her words, she says, "I believe in more ways than one, I was led to write the book. It is a book that mostly tries to give a semblance of life to my brother’s story. I tried to convey to the readers that Toba was a soul just like yours and mine - a man searching for his voice in the place of time - but he never had a chance to be heard. It is a story of myself and by extension my family. I wrote this book through inspiration from my relationship with Christ. I found myself in Him after my brother’s death. I wanted to share how I survived my experience of losing Toba with others to help them through their own daily trials and struggles." 

"I wanted to stay as true to my experience as possible. And my experience has been a mix of family, tragedy and triumph. Gift of Grace talks about my family and our experiences as a unit and to some extent as individuals. It also goes into describing death and how it has affected us individually. But we found triumph in Christ and this was my primary aim in writing this book - to give others a deeper level of understanding about having a relationship with God."

"Gift of Grace is a book that celebrates family and faith. It is a book that is aimed at the young, the grieving and ultimately the lost. It is not a book restricted to any particular group of persons; it has something for everyone - and I believe as you read it, you would find more of yourself and relate to some extent, some of your experiences in life. Gift of Grace is for everyone. It is a story that speaks about experience. I would not classify it to just one particular set of people. It talks about love, laughter, sacrifice, and also speaks on pain, and finally culminates in purpose and faith. So my hope is that it encourages everyone who reads it to understand how God works wonders in our daily struggles."


Tolu Falode is a law graduate, an author, a freelance writer and motivational speaker. She loves sharing the Word and speaking about faith. Her inspiration comes primarily from her own story by which she aims to help others discover destiny.

Comments

Popular Posts